The PRINCE2® Practitioner course is intended for delegates who are familiar with the PRINCE2® project management method, having already studied for and passed the Foundation Certificate exam. It provides a platform and forum for the practice and internalization of the concepts and methods within the syllabus plus an exam focused guidance to enable delegates to confidently approach the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination. The Practitioner exam is included at the end of the course.
The Practitioner course is a 2-day course with the opportunity for the participant to sit for the Practitioner examination. Participants are eligible to claim 14 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner course is intended for organizations and individuals requiring a controlled approach to managing projects and will be of interest to:
Project Board Members
Operational Line Managers/Staff
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques, and processes
Be able to apply the principles, themes, and processes to a project
Be able to create and assess management products
PRINCE2® Foundation certification. Your certification certificate must be available/uploaded before you will be allowed to sit for the exam. As an alternative, proof of having passed one of the following is also acceptable:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
The exam can be taken online using a webcam proctor, at a testing center, or onsite with an accredited proctor. Students must present a PRINCE2® Foundation certificate plus a course certification of completion prior to sitting for the exam.
- Objective testing
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book. Only the official printed hard copy of the Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 6th Edition is allowed.
A printed PDF of the official manual or a digital PDF of the official manual on a personal device, is not allowed in an exam environment.
The official manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.