The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1101) and Core 2 (220-1102) covering the following new content, emphasizing the technologies and skills IT pros need to support a hybrid workforce.
- Increased reliance on SaaS applications for remote work
- More on troubleshooting and how to remotely diagnose and correct common software, hardware, or connectivity problems
- Changing core technologies from cloud virtualization and IoT device security to data management and scripting
- Multiple operating systems now encountered by technicians on a regular basis, including the major systems, their use cases, and how to keep them running properly
- Reflects the changing nature of the job role, where many tasks are sent to specialized providers as certified personnel need to assess whether it’s best to fix something on site, or to save time and money by sending proprietary technologies directly to vendors
Exam Voucher Details
- CompTIA A+ certification requires two exams, with one voucher per exam required.
- You must pass both A+ exams from the same exam series to achieve CompTIA A+ certification (e.g., A+ 1101 and A+ 1102).
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.